Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day

Yesterday was a strange day for me, accompanied by a conundrum of emotions. For years I longed to also celebrate Mother's Day - as a Mother, and not just as the child of a Mother.

So I was a bit torn about my validity of celebrating this year. I do see myself as a mother already. I mean, being on this journey, watching our little girl grow from the size of a sesame seed to the length of a ruler, watching her heart beat and feeling her move inside my body is surely enough to go on. The fact that she is not outside in my arms yet surely does not make me less of a mother. Still I kept a bit under the radar, scared that someone might comment on the fact that I'm not a mother just yet. (Silly me.)

Hubby took me out for breakfast at The Red Windmill where we had a lovely time engulfed by the warmth from the fireplace as well as the warm-heartedness of the people and the great atmosphere. We then did some shopping and I got to buy very cute baby things for a friend who's stork party is at the end of the month. Her baby boy is due middle of July and we are very excited for them, also first-time parents. The rest of the day was spend lazying around the house.

Breakfast at The Red Windmill

I did receive a special gift from our little girl. Thus far I did not feel a lot of movement yet. Mostly a bubbly sensation or I could feel discomfort when she kicked my bladder. With the last sonar the doctor checked and as the placenta is nice and comfy she said that it is the reason why I do not feel any pronounced movement yet, as baba's kicks is cushioned by it.

But yesterday, after waking up and lying in bed I could feel her move about. I placed my hand on my tummy and could actually feel the movement. And then last night when I was "playing turtle" (taking a bath, my tummy looking like a turtle shell protruding out of the water), she moved again and I could actually see my tummy bouncing. It was amazing, made me laugh and also cry a little bit.
Happy Mother's Day to me - and to all you Mothers out there.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Mother's Day to you, too!! You are definitely a mother! :)

    ReplyDelete